Application for the Travel Award
No need to register for the annual meeting. Please follow the TA application instruction.
Complimentary Registration: Awardees will be exempt from the registration fee for the annual meeting.
Unsuccessful applicants: Need to register for the annual meeting with payment as per category.
All presenters need to hold membership either of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) or the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN). Registration instruction will be sent upon acceptance.
Ineligible for this support
Other grant recipients related to NEURO2019
Applying via other Neuroscience Affiliations
Applicants from the following countries must apply for the Travel Award through their home Neuroscience Affiliations: China, South Korea, India, and Iran.
Each society has set their own deadline date and guideline. Applicants shall follow their instructions.
For further information, please contact the office of your society below;
Award Cash: up to 150,000 JPY per award (depending on travel distance)
NEURO2019 offers Travel Awards to enthusiastic, leading, non-Japanese neuroscientists traveling from abroad to present high-quality papers at the meeting. Applications of young principal investigators and senior postdoctoral fellows, also applicants from Asian-Pacific countries are especially encouraged.
The funding for travel will be between 40,000–150,000 JPY per award, depending on the travel distance.
Application Deadline: January 9th, 2019 (Wednesday.) at 12:00 noon (JST)
- The annual meeting registration fee is waived only for successful applicants.
- Recipients receive partial support for travel expenses (airfare from the recipient's country of residence to Japan, and domestic transportation fees in Japan).
- Recipients are invited to the reception to be held on DAY 2 of the meeting.
- Accommodation will be provided for recipients from July 24th (check-in) to 28th, (check-out): four nights, single-room. The hotel will most likely be located near the conference venue.
- The International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers
To facilitate interaction among young researchers from abroad and Japan, all recipients are invited to this event. Poster presentation is available.
- Once your application has been accepted, the TA selection committee will determine the appropriate amount of support.
- The amount of the Travel Award will not be increased under any circumstances.
- Each recipient must bear any additional expenses.
- Recipients will receive the award cash (in Japanese yen) and certificate on DAY 3 at the meeting venue. Time and place will be notified during the International Exchange Meeting for Young Researchers.
- Accommodation at the designated hotel will only be covered from July 24th (check-in) to 28th, (check-out). Recipients must bear all expenses if they stay at hotels of their own choice or stay extra nights. The NEURO2019 Secretariat is in charge of hotel booking arrangements.
Please contact the NEURO2019 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding hotel bookings at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attendance, and oral or poster presentation at NEURO2019, are mandatory.
- Award recipients who do not attend NEURO2019 and do not deliver a presentation will have their award revoked.
- If a single presentation has multiple authors, only one main author is eligible.
- Participants can only give one main oral or poster presentation at the 4-day meeting as the first author.
- Symposium speakers are ineligible for this support.
- Candidates should NOT be the recipients of other grants related to NEURO2019.
- Participants who require a visa must obtain the visa themselves. The meeting organizers will provide necessary visa documents upon request. With the documents we provide, we support your stay only for the 4-day conference plus 3 days. Please contact the NEURO2019 Secretariat with any inquiries or concerns regarding visa applications at email@example.com
- All presenters at NEURO2019 must be an official member either of the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) or the Japanese Society for Neurochemistry (JSN).
- You do NOT need to register for the membership at time of application for the travel award. Upon acceptance, the JNS or JSN office will contact successful applicants and provide instructions for membership registration. Please register for membership after you receive it.
How to Apply for the Travel Award
Please read the following instructions and go to the application site.
- Prepare the following four documents in MS Word or PDF format.
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Electronic copy of your passport (only the page where the photograph of your face appears)
- Abstract describing your NEURO2019 presentation
For details regarding abstract format, please see the Call for Papers section in the Annual Meeting website page.
- Upload these documents through our website page. After uploading documents 1)–3), you will be directed to the Abstract Submission Page, where you can submit document 4).
- Letter of Recommendation
(1) Graduate students/Postdoctoral fellows:
Ask two referees for the letters of recommendation (MS Word or PDF form).
One letter must be from the applicant’s current supervisor. The letter should be no more than one page in length.
Type in two email addresses of your referees and we will send each of them instruction on the submission of the letter of recommendation.
(2) Young principal investigators/Senior postdoctoral fellows:
No recommendation letter is required.
Registration: December 3rd, 2018 to January 9th, 2019 at noon JST
Call for Travel Award Applications is now closed.
Timeline for NEURO 2019 (tentative)
- Notification to Travel Award Winners
Confirmation of attendance
- Completion of Society Membership application (for successful applicants only)
VISA application and accommodation information provided
- Notification of presentation schedule and format
Other Travel Grants
NOTE: You may NOT receive two different grants to attend NEURO2019.
FENS provides travel grants to help young investigators, PhD or MSc students to attend NEURO2019 (Brain Science Takes Flight: Bridging the Mind and Life: Toki Messe, Japan, 25-28 July 2019).
These grants - of up to € 1.200 each - are intended to cover the associated travel expenses of the awardees. The registration fee for the travel awardees to the Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society in 2019 is waived.
Applications deadline: 14 January 2019 (11:59 pm, Brussels time)
SfN offers travel grants: Register Now
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) and the Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) provide a joint travel award exchange program for graduate students who have reached PhD candidacy or postdoctoral fellows to attend their respective meetings. SfN will provide five awards up to $2,000 to members from the United States, Canada, and Mexico to attend NEURO2019 in Niigata, Japan from July 25-28, 2019.
The deadline: Feb 1, 2019
IBRO-APRC Travel and Short Stay Grants 2019: Apply Now
This grant supports combined trips of applicants currently working in APRC countries to attend neuroscience meetings in other APRC countries and visit a laboratory in the country where the meeting is held.
Application form deadline: TBD